Thursday 22 December 2016

The Lisbon Connection encore / Diniz & Cruz


During my last visit in Lisbon, the city where I was born, I took the opportunity to visit Diniz & Cruz http://www.dohomem.pt/dinizcruz/eng/index.htm a top Factory and Creation Platform, which combines European Standards with Portuguese “gentillesse” and “savoir faire”.
They have important international  customers and they also create and produce for each season, their own collections very well balanced between tradition of craftmanship , technological development , great quality of materials and good taste with a dashing touch.
I was very well received with uncomparable Portuguese hospitality.
I had in the back of my mind the prototype / three piece green tweed suit, used in the making of the promotion film “The Lisbon Connection” …
After a very useful and  pleasant day chatting and visiting the important production line and seeing lots of beautiful men's cloths, I left.
Then, when i was already standing at the bus stop, I was really suprised with the unique, warm and “gentile “ Portuguese touch . They had found the unique suit and a car appeared to take me back to my desired piece.
To send them and you all a “Christmas card” with the best wishes for the New Year I asked Michael Floor http://michaelfloor.com/ to take some photographs of me wearing it, at Tommy Page Vintage Menswear, Amsterdam https://www.tommypage.nl/

Feliz Natal e Bom Ano Novo !

JEEVES / António Sérgio Rosa de Carvalho












No comments: